Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Heading up the coaster

On my way up the coaster today. I am feeling much better than yesterday. Last night I had a wonderful time with my sisters in the ward at our Christmas party. I love getting together with all of my ward sisters it is like having a girls night out together. My kids missed me for two hours, but they had some quality time with Dad. I had such a wonderful time reading with Isaac and Brianna last night it was difficult to go to bed and not continue reading while we were on a roll. Brianna and Isaac are reading so well. Lauren is also a wonderful reader, she reads two grade levels ahead. What makes me so angry, is that her teacher doesn't let her choose the books she likes to read. The teacher doesn't let her pick out picture books at the library to read, They all have to be chapter books. The teacher is taking the fun out of reading. There are a lot of wonderful picture books with plenty of challenging words. Her teacher is absolutely not one of my favorites. I could go on for a while about my gripes with Lauren's teacher. I am Thankful we haven't had to put up with it much in the past with other teachers. I do admire teachers for choosing to do what they do when the pay doesn't even compensate. I just have a hard time with the few who think they know it all and can't seem to learn anything new.

No comments: